Myrtle Beach snagged the third spot in the rankings of the best U.S. beach destinations by The Travelers’ Choice according to the Sun News on March 11th, 2012. It also landed in the #11 spot for world beach destinations.
Myrtle Beach boasts some of the best beaches on America’s East Coast, which are distinguished by panoramic views of the Atlantic, calm waters and soft white sand. Ideal for swimming and sunbathing, Myrtle Beach also offers plenty of attractions, making it perfect for beach-lovers with kids.
Locals have many reasons why they love Myrtle Beach:
- Monday after the Masters with Hootie & The Blowfish at Barefoot Resort.
- Golf! There are nearly 100 great golf courses giving us locals discounts to play.
- Races, races, and more races! February brings the Myrtle Beach Marathon. Just this May was the Woman’s Half Marathon, the Dirty Mud Run and a Myrtle Beach Triathlon.
- Warm Winters! This past winter was SO mild. We never had to wear our New York winter coats!
- The Marshwalk boardwalk has some of the best restaurants with fresh seafood, live music and what-a-view! If you love to fish, the Marsh is the place to be.
- Great entertainment! The theaters in Myrtle Beach provide an array of entertainment for all ages.
- Shopping! Myrtle Beach has two major outlet malls (Tanger on 501 and 17), the Coastal Grand Mall with four anchor stores, the Inlet Square Mall (recently renovated) and the Myrtle Beach Mall and Market Common along with many other quaint, beach-y store.
- Myrtle Beach’s Boardwalk! Don’t like to walk in the sand along the ocean? Then the Boardwalk is for you! While you are walking along, you can get some lunch, coffee, a cold drink, ride the new Skywheel and see breathtaking views of the ocean and coastline. Ask for the local’s special!
- Market Common. This is Myrtle Beach’s newest Live, Work & Play development which has nightlife, shopping, groceries, and play areas for kids. Just a short distance away is the Grand Park which is host to all sorts of events: concerts in the summer, rowing on the lake, ball fields, soccer fields and fireworks!
- The beach! Need we say more? The beach is the number ONE attraction in Myrtle Beach; this is what draws the crowds here all year long.